How to resize columns of a crosstab?

hsmhsm
edited September 2012 in FastReport 4.0
The raw data data I have to show in cell0 is quite long. I only want to show the first two characters, which I extract inside OnPrintCell().
The two characters display in the cell OK. However when autosize is on, the column width is still adjusted to the width of the original data, not just two characters, making it too wide.

If I turn off autosze to try to adjust the column width myself then several things happen.

1. I cannot make any of the corner cells any smaller that the width of the name of the data item they are displaying (eg if the cell contains a reference to the data item [ThisIsMyData] then in design I cannot make the column less than 12 characters wide regardless of the with of the actual data. In the image the gender column could be quite narrow but I cannot make it smaller than the string [Gender].

2. The corner cells move down and overlap the first row of data. I cannot move them back up.

3. Using the mouse to resize columns seems to have no effect (except that sometimes I can make the cell bigger, not smaller)

How can I resize just the column containing cell0 to a smaller size?

Attached are images of the problem shown in design mode
The one on the left has autosize turned on, it works OK but the data column is too wide
The one on the right shows what happens in design when I turn off autosize. You can see the headers move down and I cannot move them up again

(incidentally I don't want to truncate my data to two characters before sending to the cross tab as I use the rest of the data as a code to tell me how to format the cell)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.