Sorting Order in TfxMasterData

In a given TfrxMasterData, I need three columns, which is easily set. However I require that the data sorts TOP-DOWN, then LEFT-RIGHT. How can I achieve this objective?

Thanks,
Monte

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 4:49PM
    You should resort your dataset. For example, close query, change SQL and open query again
  • edited 4:49PM
    gpi wrote: »
    You should resort your dataset. For example, close query, change SQL and open query again

Yes.. that is one obvious solution. But it would require a very tedious algorithm to determine the "proper" sorting based on the number of records for the three columns. I simply want the data to sort much like a newspaper column does. How can I structure the report to offer such feature? Where each each column and the equivalent number of rows.

Thanks
    Monte
  • gpigpi
    edited 4:49PM
    Attach a sample what you want to get here
  • edited August 2012
    I also need three (or more) columns with the data sorted TOP-DOWN, then LEFT-RIGHT. There can be any number of records in the dataset so the sorting needs to continue on to the next page. Dataset is sorted in 1,2,3,4, etc order.

example:

1 11 21
    2 12 22
    3 13 23
    4 14 24
    5 15 25
    6 16 26
    7 17 27
    8 18 28
    9 19 29
    10 20 30

Please also see Fast Report .NET help for an example. Fast Report .NET Help. I want to use the "DownThenAcross" mode!
    If it can be done in the .NET version why can't it be done in the VCL version???

Thanks,
    Sean

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.