Inheritance of Reports => Dataset is not includet in Report.Datasets

edited 3:36AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I have report with a connection and a query and a few bands and I will inherit it.
If I try to use an inherited report by clicking on "File => New => Templates => select one of my templates => Inherit the report" everything is ok, I can use the connection and the query and the Masterdataband is attached to the right dataset.
But if I create a new empty report, and click to "Report => Options => Inheritance => Inherit from base report => select the same templeate" I see the Components on the DATA-Tabsheet, but I can't select it in the Masterdata-Band. There I see the Message '(dataset is not included in Report.DataSets)'.

What is the difference between creating a new report using a tamplate and setting a template after creating the report? And how can I add my Datasets on the second way?

Greetings Jan

Comments

• edited 3:36AM
    Hi flogger123,

not yet, I am using the "File => New => Templates => select one of my templates => Inherit the report"-way and try to select the correct report immediately, so I don't have to change it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. Regards Jan[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.