Subdetails disappears details

fields24fields24 Tennessee
edited 1:57PM in FastReport 3.0
I have Fastreport 3.24 and have three datasets that are linked as Master-Detail-Subdetail.
I have tried over and over to get the subdetail bar to work in designing a report but cannot
get it to work.

When I add a Masterdetail and data memos, fine. When I add a Detail bar and add some
fields to it also fine. But when I add Subdetail the the detail bar disappears on the preview.

I have tried making the Masterdetail a Group header and even the Detail into a Group but
that also does not work. I have used the PrintIfDetailEmpty but it still no go. The
minute that I delete the subdetail bar the detail bar comes back.

It is a simple system where all of the Masters have a detail and some of the details
have subdetails but it still does not make sense. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

The datasets are ADO tables but I am using TFrxDBataset to link them because they have
to be viewed before printing. On the form they appear perfectly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.