Dynamic sort

stefquestefque Serbia
edited 5:47PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi everybody,
I have a running desktop application with a lot of reports in FastReport. And users are asking if they could have a button that sorts the report by some column.
I would like to know if there is a dynamic way to sort a report when it's already been shown?
I could close the report, change the query to "sort by xxxx asc" for example and show it again, but, what if, let's say, MYDACQuery1 is a dataset in MasterData1, and there is field from MYDACQuery2 which refers to MYDACQuery1 as it' master data set, to be shown in MasterData1.
Could I make an already shown report to be sorted again by some button in my delphi application by choosing the column in a report?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    You can't re-sort a displayed report without reprocessing the underlying data.

You can use a SQL 'JOIN' to produce a flat view containing data from multiple table and sortable by any column. Master-detail must then be handled in the report using the groupheader/footer facility.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.