GS1-128 barcodes in Fast Reports

edited 2:22PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi there

We're trying to print a GS1-128 barcode in a report. We've bought the Barcode Studio from Psoft but we're unable to install it.

I can install the base package (BarcodeStudio.dpk) successfully (in Borland Delphi 2005 we need to change the vclimg requierment to vcljpg), but when I try to install the "BarcodeFastReport.dpk" it says that tpsBarcodeException is undeclared. But we've followed the installation stepes that are written on readme.txt

Anybody knows how can we install it? (we want to install it in both 2005 and 2010 versions of Delphi)

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:22PM
    Trial PSoft barcode library works OK for me in D7
    Did you ask PSoft developers?
  • edited 2:22PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Trial PSoft barcode library works OK for me in D7
    Did you ask PSoft developers?
    I'm trying to use the same library. Did sent an email to the developers, so far no answer. It looks like they shipped the wrong code.

Is there any other alternative to PSoft? I'm looking for PDF417. I know there is a free Delphi PDF417 component (I'm a commiter to that project!) but I'm pressed by time so I haven't created a Fast Report component for it...
    I do not have TpsBarcodeException in my psReportFast unit.
    I do not remember exactly (it's about 2 years) what I did by for me it's working in Delphi XE, XE2.
    I remember only that I delete portions of psReportFast unit.
  • edited June 2012
    Same Problem here:

We've ordered both: Library AND Studio (Professional) Version.

The Demo Versions working perfect, the full version doesn't. EAN128 is not working at all in the full version.

We wrote to all known email addresses of psoft, i've contacted the reseller, but no success. On the PSoft Page you can read: 1 Year free upgrades, you can see progress on the page (new updates / demo versions are being published) but as a customer you have no chance to get a working copy.

We managed the component to compile, you have to refactor:
    TpsBarcodeException to TpsBarcodeError.

Then you can compile and use it, but EAN128 won't support alphanumeric characters, because in the full version they are commented out (in demo not!). But EAN 128 uses alphanumeric chars. So you have to fix also this when you want to use EAN128. But then EAN128 still doesn't work like in the demo because it doesn't mix EAN128 A, B and C.

I spent some hours with comparing the source (so much i can get) from the demo with the full version.

And if you ask the FastReport Support which component you should use they say: Psoft Barcode Studio :angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />" alt=">" />
    OlliWW wrote: »
    Same Problem here:

We've ordered both: Library AND Studio (Professional) Version.

The Demo Versions working perfect, the full version doesn't. EAN128 is not working at all in the full version.

We wrote to all known email addresses of psoft, i've contacted the reseller, but no success. On the PSoft Page you can read: 1 Year free upgrades, you can see progress on the page (new updates / demo versions are being published) but as a customer you have no chance to get a working copy.

We managed the component to compile, you have to refactor:
    TpsBarcodeException to TpsBarcodeError.

Then you can compile and use it, but EAN128 won't support alphanumeric characters, because in the full version they are commented out (in demo not!). But EAN 128 uses alphanumeric chars. So you have to fix also this when you want to use EAN128. But then EAN128 still doesn't work like in the demo because it doesn't mix EAN128 A, B and C.

I spent some hours with comparing the source (so much i can get) from the demo with the full version.

And if you ask the FastReport Support which component you should use they say: Psoft Barcode Studio :angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />" alt=">" />

Just bought this thing today. Support is non-existent (the developer didn't even answer my questions before buying) but since there is no other PDF 417 software out there (and Fast Report ALSO don't answer questions related to it) well, I think I'll just have to bite the bullet.

Seriously, people? With that level of service I'll be out of business in days.

If you try to create GS1-128 barcode in report, i 'd like to introduce Barcode Generator for RDLC for you.
    Barcode Generator for RDLC is .NET component, allowing you to easily add barcoding features to your reports based on RDLC format. More than 20 most popular linear, postal & 2D barcodes are supported within one single barcode solution.
    Barcode Generator for RDLC is completely run in .NET Framework 2.0/ 3.0/4.0 and can be 100% integrated with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008. For different language users, Visual C#, VB.NET, Managed C++ and Borland Delphi for .NET are supported.
    Hope it helps!
    I have used this barcode generator for RDLC. Maybe it's a choice for you. The reason I like it is that it provides detailed guide of creating barcode in RDLC. So I do not need to know much about professional knowledge.
    davidrgh wrote: »
    Hi there

We're trying to print a GS1-128 barcode in a report. We've bought the Barcode Studio from Psoft but we're unable to install it.

I can install the base package (BarcodeStudio.dpk) successfully (in Borland Delphi 2005 we need to change the vclimg requierment to vcljpg), but when I try to install the "BarcodeFastReport.dpk" it says that tpsBarcodeException is undeclared. But we've followed the installation stepes that are written on readme.txt

Anybody knows how can we install it? (we want to install it in both 2005 and 2010 versions of Delphi)
    i know a website about barcode including gs1-128 barcode in report,you may have a look! maybe it can help you
    If you try to create GS1-128 barcode in report, i 'd like to introduce Barcode Generator for RDLC for you.
    Barcode Generator for RDLC is .NET component, allowing you to easily add barcoding features to your reports based on RDLC format. More than 20 most popular linear, postal & 2D barcodes are supported within one single barcode solution.
    Barcode Generator for RDLC is completely run in .NET Framework 2.0/ 3.0/4.0 and can be 100% integrated with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008. For different language users, Visual C#, VB.NET, Managed C++ and Borland Delphi for .NET are supported.
    Hope it helps!

Hi, I wanna know if this one can be integrated with MS SQL server 2010 too? What about Visual Studio 2008/2010?
    cindy313 wrote: »
    cindy313 wrote: »
    Hi there

i know a website about barcode including gs1-128 barcode in report,you may have a look! maybe it can help you

This one seems just right for me. Does it suport adjusting the human readable text displayed below the barcode image?
  • edited May 2014
    Brent wrote: »
    Hi there

This one seems just right for me. Does it suport adjusting the human readable text displayed below the barcode image?

Can it allow me to encode AI (Application Identifier) in EAN-128?
    i don't know how to install it , so i choose another barcode library to print GS1-128 barcode in C#.NET. check out.
  • edited June 2015
    Bucklepdf wrote: »
    Creating GS1-128/EAN-128 barcode on image or document page by using an image barcode add-on application which can be integrated within any .net framework, like C#.NET and VB.NET to generate linear and 2d barcodes. including GS1-128 barcode on image document. And this its compliant barcode scanner add-on toolkit.

Hi, not sure whether the barcode solutions you provide can work for SQL Server Reporting Services, any suggestion?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.