Export to Text added leading space

TurntwoTurntwo Folsom, CA
edited April 2012 in FastReport .NET
I'm trying to create a text file with a specific format (basically a record type and * separated fields). I created the format within the report fields itself (not exporting as csv with a * delimiter) to have a little more control over the output, and I am trying to export it using the Text/Matrix function. Works well, except it adds an extra space before each line. Since this output needs to be sent to another company for processing, I need the output to not have the extra space. Is there anyway to prevent the extra space from exporting?

I tried using Frames=None, which does remove the space, but when I tried to save as a text file it blew up with a NullReferenceException. So that option doesn't look like it is going to work.

Comments

• edited 10:49AM
    Hello,

Sorry there is no way to remove extra spaces. You can however export the file, then process it using StreamReader/StreamWriter in your code.
  • TurntwoTurntwo Folsom, CA
    edited 10:49AM
    Thanks for the information. Doesn't really help when the user is doing the export, since we can't really code around that to remove the extra spaces. Guess we'll have to work around it as best we can, maybe provide a program the user can run over the file to remove the extra space.

Thanks,

Jason
  • TurntwoTurntwo Folsom, CA
    edited 10:49AM
    Actually - tested this with the latest version, and the Frames=None option no longer blows up and appears to remove the extra space. Sweet!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.