EAN128 Barcode and Barcode Studio (Psoft)

edited 9:26AM in FastReport 4.0
Hi,

We're printing EAN128 barcodes with FastReport, but we've found that the build-in FastReport barcode component is not the best. It does not mix EAN128A, B or C so the barcodes are very long and containing unnecessary information. So this component does not fit our needs.

After searching this forum we found that "barcode studio" / barcode library by psoft (http://www.barcode-software.eu/) is the solution to our problems. So we've downloaded the demo version of barcode studio and tested our cases. Everything went great and so we decieded to buy barcode studio to use it in our software. But the purchased version of barcode studio contains a lot of bugs and errors. So you can't simply install this component without making changes to the source code, but even with this changes the EAN128 gets printed as Code128 (remember: In the demo version its was a EAN128).

So we decieded to contact the support of psoft. But we didn't recieve a response after over 3 weeks.

So my question is: Is anyone else using barcode studio / library, is anything else expiering these problems? Maybe: Has someone solutions for us? Has anybody knowlage of the current status at psoft?

Greetings

Comments

• edited 9:26AM
    I've no experience of using the barcode studio/library by psoft. But this EAN128 generation component works nice!

Here is an EAN 128 barcode component I used before. You may take a look. It creates EAN 128 barcodes easily and quickly. Besides, the parameters of the created barcode can be adjusted. So the size of the created barcode is adjustable.
    OlliWW wrote: »
    Hi,

We're printing EAN128 barcodes with FastReport, but we've found that the build-in FastReport barcode component is not the best. It does not mix EAN128A, B or C so the barcodes are very long and containing unnecessary information. So this component does not fit our needs.

After searching this forum we found that "barcode studio" / barcode library by psoft (http://www.barcode-software.eu/) is the solution to our problems. So we've downloaded the demo version of barcode studio and tested our cases. Everything went great and so we decieded to buy barcode studio to use it in our software. But the purchased version of barcode studio contains a lot of bugs and errors. So you can't simply install this component without making changes to the source code, but even with this changes the EAN128 gets printed as Code128 (remember: In the demo version its was a EAN128).

So we decieded to contact the support of psoft. But we didn't recieve a response after over 3 weeks.

So my question is: Is anyone else using barcode studio / library, is anything else expiering these problems? Maybe: Has someone solutions for us? Has anybody knowlage of the current status at psoft?

Greetings
    hey, you may take a look at this ean-128 barcode component ,which has free trial version ! i've ever got through the guide for using ssrs to create it . good in use!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.