Subreport Order

Is there a way to dynamically control the order of the subreports for a report? I am trying to allow the order of the subreport sections to be controlled by the users based on a configuration table. Each subreport is a single and separate page. But for some companies, they want there information in a specific order. I need to control the order and whether the page is printed for 16 distinct pages.

Customer 1 - Company A
Page 1
:
Page16

Customer 2 - Company B
Page 1
Page 5 //Page 2-4 skipped
Page 16
Page 15
Page 8
Page 9
etc.

Can this be done through the designer or does it require building the report in code?

Comments

• edited 7:33PM
    Is there a way to dynamically control the order of the subreports for a report? I am trying to allow the order of the subreport sections to be controlled by the users based on a configuration table. Each subreport is a single and separate page. But for some companies, they want there information in a specific order. I need to control the order and whether the page is printed for 16 distinct pages.

Customer 1 - Company A
    Page 1
    :
    Page16

Customer 2 - Company B
    Page 1
    Page 5 //Page 2-4 skipped
    Page 16
    Page 15
    Page 8
    Page 9
    etc.

Can this be done through the designer or does it require building the report in code?

* What you can do is just make the Detail band (where the subreport is) visible or invisible depending on the user selection

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.