Export to Excel 2010, Windows 7, 64 Bit

edited March 2012 in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I'm using Delphi 7 with FastReport 4.12 on Windows XP system. I also have installed Excel 2007.
Now a customer uses my program on a Windows 7 64 Bit PC with installed Excel 2010 and he gets an error message in german "Ung??ltige Klassenzeichenfolge" (means: invalid class character string) when he tries to export a report to excel (the option window and the filename dialog is ok, then the error appears).

The report itself has mostly text fields and one gradient object, but I guess the error occurs directly at the beginning of the export.

Anyone any idea what happens here, how I can track down to the error (I have source code from FastReport, so it would be possible to include debug messages - if I know where to set them in all the many source code files...)?

[Edit] The customer uses the Excel 2010 "Starter" Version. Guess this could be the problem?

Thanks for any help - regards,
ProPinball.

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I suspect it has something to do with charactersets and transliterations.

He probably has some Umlauts , Euro symbol, or some other strange characters in his source strings. Excel 2010 probably expects a unicode character set, AFAIK D7 is not unicode capable, but the transliteration does not work right.

I don't think that the problem lies in the Starter version they use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.