Calling DLLs

edited 9:17AM in FastScript
Hi

Just a quick question:

Is it possible to call functions located in .DLL files from a FastScript?

In need that because I'm going to create a script that extracts files from a RAR archive by using functions located in a DLL file (UNRAR.DLL from rarlabs.com).

Cheers
Spiril

Comments

• edited 9:17AM
    No, you can't do this directly. You can add a function to the script and implement the dll call in your program.
    AlexTZ wrote:
    No, you can't do this directly. You can add a function to the script and implement the dll call in your program.
    Any chance for a direct DLL call functionality in a future release? Would love that!

No chance at all - it will require total redesign of the engine.
    AlexTZ wrote: »

Hi, Alex!

Sorry for asking that again, but since this answer has been posted 6 years ago, I have a small hope: is not possible yet to call a DLL directly from a script?

Thanks!
    AlexTZ wrote: »

I also think so.

Just a quick question:

Is it possible to call functions located in .DLL files from a FastScript?

In need that because I'm going to create a script that extracts files from a RAR archive by using functions located in a DLL file (UNRAR.DLL from rarlabs.com).

Cheers
    Spiril

I think it is possible to call functions located in .DLL files from a FastScript.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.