How to get the actual value of the Memo in sript?

Hello,

Let's say my memo contains this:

[IIF(<frxDBDataset1."aaaj_internal_type">=0,'Profile:'+<frxDBDataset1."field1">,'Other:'+<frxDBDataset1."field2">)]

so it can be either of the 2 fields.

I want to set the font size to 8 if the length of the actual text of the memo is more than 20 characters long.

But I can't check it, because both TfrxMemoView(Sender).Memo.Text and TfrxMemoView(Sender).Text give me back "[IIF(<frxDBDataset1."aaaj_internal_type">=0,'Profile:'+<frxDBDataset1."field1">,'Other:'+<frxDBDataset1."field2">)]" and not the real value.

How can I get the real value? I want to use the memo component and not the field values because the example above is very short comparing with my real memo.

Thank you

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 8:32AM
    try using the memo.value property but make sure you check it after the data is handled. ie
    in the oad event of the memoview.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.