Can FastReports 3 do this?

edited 7:10PM in FastReport 3.0
Does anyone know if FastReports 3 is able to do these things? If it can do one or more, I'll probably buy it.

1. Print from an NT service. That means it must print without displaying any dialog boxes at all - no configuration boxes, no preview, no error message boxes, etc. (I am not sure FastReport 2.x can do this, so I'm using another product.)

2. Print as little as one line per print job to dot matrix printers and small thermal printers, without doing a form feed at the end of the job. And hopefully still get international characters right. (I currently do this by sending raw data to the printer, but then Windows isn't helping me to get characters or anything else right for various printers. Major problem.)

3. Send the printout through my own proprietary communications channel, while still getting the benefit of the FastReport and Windows printer drivers. (The printout goes through a lot of hardware stuff, RF modems, and end up in a box with an LPT port. Two way communication is possible.) I know this is probably outside the scope of FastReport, and in that case I wonder if anyone can offer (paid) assistance, e.g. make a sample application and a driver DLL(?), preferably in Delphi, to send printout to e.g. a file - then I'll use this as a template for further development.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.