"Couldn't load file" error when opening a report

I am getting a "Couldn't load file" error message when trying to open a report. I am using FastReports 3.24 and Borland Dev Studio 2006. I have not worked with FastReports within this application in about 3 years, and I'm sure I haven't used it on my current computer since installing BSD 2006 and the FastReport component on this computer.

I am accessing the report editor by right-clicking on the TfrxReport component on the form in the designer, and selecting "Edit Report...". Once the report editor opens, I go to "File->Open" and select a report that I created several years ago. This is when I get the "Couldn't load file" error. No other information is given.

The report file itself is not set to read-only. I did notice that the report file itself says version 3.20, but not sure if this would cause a problem. I have attached the report file.

New updates and fixes to the application are stopped until I can open and update the reports, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.