Group Header not working

Good day,

I have a report that needs to group data by a field value.
I am quite sure I have my report set up correctly.
In short: I have my GROUP HEADER and have specified the GROUP BY field on the GROUP HEADER band.
THen I have my MASTER DATA band with the line details.

But the GROUP HEADER does not group instead it will show multiple groupings for the same field value.
What am I missing here?

My GROUP BY fieldname is "PartType"

Here is my SQL query:

SELECT P.ID_DateSeq, P.OrderNumber, P.SwetDate, P.SwetTime, P.SupplyGroup, P.PartsFamily, P.SequenceNum,
P.PartNo, COALESCE((SELECT TOP 1 Description FROM tblPrintQ WHERE OrderNumber = P.OrderNumber AND PaintedPart = 1), '*** No Painted Part ***') AS PrimaryDescription, P.Description, P.BinNumber, P.PartType FROM tblPrintQ P WHERE P.HasPrint = 0 AND P.Deleted = 0 AND P.SupplyGroup = 'STFVOK4' AND
(P.ID_DateSeq >= '20111011_1153' AND P.ID_DateSeq <= '20111011_1153')

Please advise.

Kind regards
>

Comments

• edited 10:15PM
    Please see the screen shot of the dysfunctional grouping >
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 10:15PM
    add an orderby clause to sort your query according to the group condition(s)
  • edited 10:15PM
    Thank you so much [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> It worked.[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.