Fastreports 3 and IBObjects

edited June 2004 in FastReport 3.0
Is there going to be internal sql access for IBObjects? I really need to be able to release new reports to my program that are not dependent on external objects, but I am using IBObjects.

Currently with fast reports 2.5 I am using external datasets but that is too static. I really like the internal BDE/IBX/ADO datasets. Will there be the same in the final build of FR3 for IBObjects?

I saw mention of TfrxIBODataSet but its not in the 0.9 beta I downloaded, but I know thats not really what I need anyway.

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• edited 10:57AM
    I guess this post is irrelevant as I just found the new database wizard that can create any new engine.

It didnt actually work however, the created units use a property called "database" which is not declared, causing an Undeclared identifier: 'Database' in the file frxIBEditor.pas - is this a known bug? I'd really like to experiment with the internal stuff.

I'd compare the source to the IBX source and try and fix it, but of course theres no source in the demo.

Thanks,

Jason
    Aren't you Jason Wharton? ;)
    IBO engine will be added later.
    We are all Jason Wharton because we love IBObjects. ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.