Subreport dataset is stuck

Hello,

I have 2 datasets in Delphi:

Master: the names
Client: phone numbers (one person can have many phone numbers).
In Delphi the Client is called properly: when I click on a name I can see the phone numbers associated with that person.

I put on the Fr a Masterdata connected to Master and I made a Subreport on which I put another MasterData connected to the Client.

The report should look like this:

John Smith
1111 11111
Paul Black
2222 2222
3333 3333
Jonathan Fire
4444 4444

Instead, Fr shows this:

John Smith
1111 11111
Paul Black
1111 11111
Jonathan Fire
1111 11111

So obviously it doesn't refresh the Client dataset when creating the next row.
( I must use subreport because my report is much more complicated than the example above).

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 8:31AM
    Did you create Master-Detail link between your datasets in Delphi code?
  • edited 8:31AM
    Yes, the Master-Detail link is set - this is what I meant by "In Delphi the Client is called properly: when I click on a name I can see the phone numbers associated with that person."
  • edited 8:31AM
    I know what the problem is (I don't know yet the solution): on the Masterdata I create everything on the fly so the dataset is not set -> this way it doesn't move the main dataset >
  • gpigpi
    edited 8:31AM
    Attach small demo project with problem based on FRDemo database

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.