DBCrossTab - Susbstitution of Column and Row names

edited 3:04AM in FastReport 4.0
I have a master-detail relationship that I want to report on. The Master table steps through the report and I use a child band to report the detail table info in a DBCrosstab.

The DBCrosstab column and row identifiers are integers in the detail table. The meaning of the integers is contained in lookup tables. How do I substitute the integers with the meaningful text? I have tried queries prior to reporting, but lose the ability to have the query in a master-detail relationship.

I want to avoid hard coding the text as the lookup table values may change or grow with time.

For example

Column names
0 = Estimated
1 = Actual

Row Names
1 = Dirt
3 = Gravel
6 = Clay

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:04AM
    Try to use expressions in the cross
  • edited 3:04AM
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to use expressions in the cross

I agree.....is there a good place to get some details. I looked at the demos, but it wasn't that helpful for my situation. The approach I am exploring would be to supply a variable with the integer, then step through the lookup table till it matches and assign the "text" to to column or row. I have no idea how this would accomplished as a FastReport expression. Am I making it too complicated?
  • gpigpi
    edited 3:04AM
    See FRDemo "Expressions in the cross" report
  • edited 3:04AM
    gpi wrote: »
    See FRDemo "Expressions in the cross" report

Did....as I said earlier, it was not helpful to me with my current understanding of expressions in FastReport.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.