Install error Builder 6

edited 11:02PM in FastScript
I am very interested in purchasing fastscript, but am having trouble installing. Here are the steps that I am taking:

I have downloaded and ran fs160.exe.
I start Builder 6.
I close everything in the IDE.
After that I open fs6.bpk.
I hit "install"
I get the following errors
(Pascall Fatal error) fs_iReg.pas (30): File Not Found: 'fs_iinterpreter.dcu
[linker Fatal Error]: Unable to open file 'FS_IREG.obj'

I then add "D:\FastReports\FastScript\C++Builder6" to the linker path. (My fastscript is stored on my D drive. My C drive is very small and only contains my Windows installation.)
I hit "install" and get the following error:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Expected a File Name.

There is no other data associated with this error. Borland help says the error means: Fatal error. There???s a problem with your linker command specifications on the command line, ILINK32.CFG file, or response file.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

Comments

• edited 11:02PM
    FR can't be installed automatically in the BCB. To install, follow the instructions in the Setup.txt file:

1.7. C++Builder 6.0
    Copy fs_iinterpreter.dcu, fs_iilparser.dcu, fs_iinterpreter.hpp,
    fs_iilparser.hpp, fs_iinterpreter.obj, fs_iilparser.obj from FastScript\C++Builder6
    folder to FastScript\Source (if you have a trial version).
    Run C++Builder 6.
    Select menu item "File/Close all".
    Select menu item "Tools/Environment options..." and add path to FastScript\Source
    folder to "Library path" edit box (in the "Library" tab).
    Select menu item "File/Open..." and open the package FastScript\Source\fs6.bpk.
    Press "Compile" button in the "Package - ..." window. After compilation, press
    "Install" button in the same window.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.