pass sql param to report

Hi,
I have a report that needs a param for the ado query, I need an example of how to set this in Delphi so the application can run the report.

Thanks,

FredFlint.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 8:15AM
    Use report variables to pass parameter's values to report
  • edited 8:15AM
    gpi wrote: »
    Use report variables to pass parameter's values to report

Hi,
    Could you help me with using a variable in the sql. I have put together a basic report that display a ado query and the SQL has a Param :OrderNo.
    If i set this the value in the param dialog the result are displayed. How would I use a variable to do this? I can create a variable, just need to know how to use it in the sql.

Thanks.
  • gpigpi
    You should assign query parameter with report variable in query parameter's dialog window
  • edited 8:15AM
    You should assign query parameter with report variable in query parameter's dialog window

Thanks for the help, I have it working now.
  • PPLPPL Pennsylvania, United States

This just it? How simple that haven't thought of it. BTW, thanks man...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.