End user design - disable Items

edited 8:55PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I have two questions both about end user DesignReport:

1. How can I disable some memos, so as the users cannot modify them? For example an invoice contains some important texts which are not modifiable. I tried Restrictions but the users can also modify them (so they can switch the restrictions back).

2.When in Design mode the texts of the Object Inspector remain in English. It is very strange: some of the design will be translated to the language I want but some won't.
Is there a workaround? Can I make my own Design Form so as everything would be translated?
Will FastReport 5.0 deal with this problem? If so I am looking forward to it (I have been waiting for it for a long time).

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 8:55PM
    1. No, you can't
    2. What you mean? Properties or description of properties?
  • edited 8:55PM
    gpi wrote: »
    1. No, you can't
    2. What you mean? Properties or description of properties?

Hello,

Thank you for your answery.

I have attached a picture. Everything is in English except the captions of the tabs and the backpicture value.
    It would be nice so as everything would be translated.

Will Fr5 know this?

• gpigpi
    You can't to translate object's properties
  • Andr?© RamosAndr?© Ramos Portugal
    starhu wrote: »
    Hello,

I have two questions both about end user DesignReport:

1. How can I disable some memos, so as the users cannot modify them? For example an invoice contains some important texts which are not modifiable. I tried Restrictions but the users can also modify them (so they can switch the restrictions back).

2.When in Design mode the texts of the Object Inspector remain in English. It is very strange: some of the design will be translated to the language I want but some won't.
    Is there a workaround? Can I make my own Design Form so as everything would be translated?
    Will FastReport 5.0 deal with this problem? If so I am looking forward to it (I have been waiting for it for a long time).

1. You can hide the properties tab and with that user can not change restrictions. try the object "TfrxDesignerForm". Make some research beause there are already some topics about that like this one: http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/lofive....php/t5855.html

hope can help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.