Simultaneous FR5/Delphi XE2 release?

I think it will happen at the same time or close to it. It is my guess Embarcadero is joining with third party vendors to make a big bang for XE2's release. Yes, I know waiting until Sept would put FR5's release outside the summer window. More waiting... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> If FR5 isn't released around XE2 time or before, then at least I can dream[/img]

Comments

• edited 1:53AM
    kamiller42 wrote: »
    I think it will happen at the same time or close to it. It is my guess Embarcadero is joining with third party vendors to make a big bang for XE2's release. Yes, I know waiting until Sept would put FR5's release outside the summer window. More waiting... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> If FR5 isn't released around XE2 time or before, then at least I can dream[/img]

Technically speaking, the last day of summer is September 23. So, if it's released before that, then it still has been released during the summer. And, if FR5 is released as also being 64-bit compatible, then I'd be very pleased.
  • edited 1:53AM
    Looks like Fast Reports will now be a part of Delphi. It comes with XE2. Very nice! Congrats to Embarcadero and the Fast Reports team!
  • edited August 2011
    kamiller42 wrote: »
    Looks like Fast Reports will now be a part of Delphi. It comes with XE2. Very nice! Congrats to Embarcadero and the Fast Reports team!

Good news i think, still i first have to see what edition will be part of XE2, if its the full edition with the full addon's pack then its ok (and i wont have to pay for the buggy Rave)
    Still personally i would rather have a seperate release so we can update fastreport (lots of bugs get fixed in the minor releases) without having to clean the XE* dcu's each time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.