database model / partial accces on oracle views

edited July 2011 in FreeReport
Hello,

I'm using odbc connection to an oracle database. Because he database structure is a little bit crazy, I want to create views on my database and give to users using FR only select access on these views, to nothing else.

So I created a new oracle user and gave him access only on these views.

When creating a database connection in FR I see some tables beginning with "XDB." , "FLOWS.", "MDSYS." or "CTX_SYS." but I don't see the views I have created. In general FR seems not to offer views, only tables.

When creating an sql statement using this views, this works fine. But I don't want to force the user to create reports writing sql's. They should select from the offered views. So how to get FR to show also the views?

Regards
Dirk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.