Chart multiple series with same dataset

Hi,

Is there way to create a chart containing multiple series linked to the same dataset and each serie will be divided by grouping on a column?

If no, what is the normal way of adding multiple series linked to a database? Should I create 1 dataset for each serie?

Thank you.

E.g. let say we have the records below in 1 dataset.

Car;10/10/2011;1
Car;11/10/2011;2
Car;12/10/2011;1
Car;13/10/2011;5
Bus;10/10/2011;0
Bus;12/10/2011;0
Bus;13/10/2011;1
Bus;14/10/2011;1

I would like to get all "Car" records in 1 serie and all "Bus" records in another serie. I hope you see my point.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 1:56PM
    Try to complete chart series from script:
    wrote:
    8.4 Chart completion from Script
    Let us examine the last chart completion from script. To perform this leave empty
    XValues and YValues fields in chart editor. In report script write the following:
    PascalScript:
    begin
    Chart1.SeriesData[0].XSource := 'Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr';
    Chart1.SeriesData[0].YSource := '31;28;31;30';
    end.
  • Ok, thanks for you reply.

As I'm using dataset, I have to build manually the XSource and YSource and add each of them into the Chart object via script. Is there a fast way to get 'Jan;Feb;Mar;Apr' result from a dataset or should I manually iterate on a masterdata band a fill-in a string variable in script?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.