FastReports 4.9

SRay69SRay69 USA
edited 5:54PM in FastReport Studio
I just saw the new release and wanted to say thank you for continuing to support ActiveX/COM users!

Comments

• thorstenthorsten Norderstedt near Hamburg / Germany
    edited 5:54PM
    Hi,

I am not SRay, however, I have seen that he has asked for FR studio in another thread in this forum only a few weeks ago. So, I guess, the answer is "yes" - he is still using it.

And it??s the same with us - we are developing our application in (classical, unmanaged) C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio. And yes, we are still using FastReport for COM, and we are very sad to see it go... by the way, I found no official statement on this up to now. I have already contacted FR support to get more information, but got no answer yet.
  • SRay69SRay69 USA
    edited 5:54PM
    Yes, I definitely am using it and will be for some time. I'm working on a major upgrade to my software where I'll be using FR COM/ActiveX extensively. At least it seems to be a mature product and probably doesn't have any bugs I can't easily work around. Apparently there is no support, but there are a lot of examples. If I were you, I'd get the latest version from their customer page while you can.

I'm sure they had their reasons to stop selling it, but I can't think of why that would be, unless they just don't want the world to think they still support COM/ActiveX. You can simply "lock" the software and only fix a bug if needed, but not offer new features, etc., yet still make money from it. I mean, why not?

Anyway, enough of my babbling. I need to get back to work. >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.