How create simple table in fastreport?

edited July 2011 in FastReport 4.0
Hello, i want create simple table with in example 4 columns and 5 rows... but i don' t know how? I dont see table object or somethink like that, i have only cross and dbcross objects, but they didn't help. Is this possible in big component like fastreport, dont't have simple table object? Will be nice fields in this table be memo. I run delphi 6 with fastreport 4.10.5!

Thanks!

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 12:25PM
    wrote:
    I dont see table object or somethink like that, i have only cross and dbcross objects, but they didn't help
    Did you see PrintTable example in Demos folder?
  • edited July 2011
    gpi wrote: »
    I dont see table object or somethink like that, i have only cross and dbcross objects, but they didn't help
    Did you see PrintTable example in Demos folder?

Yes but in this example i see the dbcross tab object.. I dont need data, i just want create very simple table with rows and columns, without total,row title and etc... In example
    table-banding.gif

Just simple table with rows and columns, will be nice field in table be editable.

Thanks, again!
  • gpigpi
    wrote:
    Yes but in this example i see the dbcross tab object
    Yes, this example uses cross-tab object, but without totals, titles and etc. Just simple table
    wrote:
    will be nice field in table be editable
    Use TDBGrid for table editing
  • edited July 2011
    Yes but in this example i see the dbcross tab object
    Yes, this example uses cross-tab object, but without totals, titles and etc. Just simple table
    will be nice field in table be editable
    Use TDBGrid for table editing

Try it and look how colums go vertical, no horisontal and i have only subtotal rows, when i remove them -rows removed. I can create table with subtotals, but subtotals is not editable. Look...

picturecu.jpg

Please tell me how, step by step create a simple table with no subtotals and etc and fields of table be editable memos. I repeat, i dont need data, only clean table and her fields to be editable memos.

Thanks!
  • gpigpi
    See PrintTable example in Demos folder. Use cross-tab with one row, one column and one cell
  • edited July 2011
    See PrintTable example in Demos folder. Use cross-tab with one row, one column and one cell

How to add more, without not editable subtotal. I add columns but thay go vertically i want them horisontal. Please if you have a time send me your example.

Thanks!
  • gpigpi
    You can found a sample in C:\Program Files\FastReports\FastReport 4\Demos\PrintTable folder
    See a Programmer's manual
    wrote:
    1.20 Printing TTable and TQuery
    The initial example???s code is located in the ?«FastReport???s Demos\PrintTable?» (
    ?«FastReport Demos\BCB Demos\PrintTable?»") directory. The principle of work is the
    same, as in the example with the TStringGrid. In this case, the row???s index is its sequence
    number, the column???s index is the name of a table field, and the cell???s value is the table
    field???s value. It is important to notice that the functions for cell???s elements must be
    disabled in the ?«Cross-tab?» object editor (since in a cell there are data of various kinds,
    this leads to the error in table creation) and the table title???s sorting must be disabled too
    (otherwise columns will be sorted alphabetically).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.