How to work with dynamic created Report / DataSets ?

edited June 2011 in FastReport 4.0
Hi all...

I create the Report, the Designer, the Dataset??s during runtime. Then i loading a Report from a File and open the Report with the Designer. The Designer is showing but i can??t assign my dynamicly created frxDBDatasets to the Report because they are not showing in the Data Menu.

When i use Report.Datasets.Add(myfrxDBDataset) then i get an Access Violation from the Report.

Example:
var
   FReport: TfrxReport;
   FDesigner: TfrxDesigner;
   Query: TIBCQuery;
   FDataSet: TfrxDBDataset;

FReport:= TfrxReport.Create(nil);
FDesigner:= TfrxDesigner.Create(FReport);
Query:= TIBCQuery.Create(FReport);
FDataSet:= TfrxDBDataset.Create(FReport);
FDataSet.Name:= 'DataSet1';
FDataSet.DataSet:= Query;
// Data loading into Query
FReport.LoadFromFile(FReportFileLocation + NormalForm,False); // without the Loading i get a clear Report without a Page but with the Dataset when i run the "DataSets.Add" Line
FReport.DataSets.Add(DataSetPositions); // with this i get AccessViolation, without i can??t see the DataSet
FReport.Free;
AccessViolation:
wrote:
exec. date/time : 2011-06-22 21:24
version : 1.0.0.3
compiled with : Delphi XE
madExcept version : 3.0m
callstack crc : $eb9f0867, $fa174f95, $fa174f95
exception number : 1
exception class : EAccessViolation
exception message : Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 004049E7 in Modul 'dBK.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 08DBD2B8.

main thread ($97c):
004049e7 +067 dBK.exe frxrcClass System.Move
008082ec +34c dBK.exe frxDataTree 236 +53 TfrxDataTreeForm.FillDataTree
0080918d +005 dBK.exe frxDataTree 481 +1 TfrxDataTreeForm.UpdateItems
00845532 +0ca dBK.exe frxDesgn 1842 +20 TfrxDesignerForm.CreateToolWindows
00843a23 +033 dBK.exe frxDesgn 1164 +7 TfrxDesignerForm.FormShow
007ed151 +0e1 dBK.exe frxClass 13386 +83 TfrxReport.DesignReport
00854f0d +241 dBK.exe dBK_Print 104 +48 TdBK_Print.PrintProcess
0087b3ba +032 dBK.exe main 486 +3 TFMain.pngbtnPrintLastProcessClick

Thanks for Help... >:angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Iam searching a long Time in the FastReport 4.0 Forum... Now i found the Solution via Google !" alt="> Iam searching a long Time in the FastReport 4.0 Forum... Now i found the Solution via Google !" /> http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/index.php?showtopic=1564

I am changing the Owner from the frxDBDatasets from FReport to FDesigner and the Datasets are showing in the Menu. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Thanks a lot for your help...[/img]> ... but it help other??s

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.