Is FR dead or not?

edited June 2011 in FastReport .NET
I am using FR reports from many years ago and it has been worked really well. From few months, I can check that there is not activity: no new releases, no updates, no forum replies.
AlexTZ, the main developer of FR that some time ago replied most of questions, now he has disappeared. He has zero contributions from the past 3 months.

I would ask you to FR team that clarify the status of the project. We are investing a lot of money in the new version of our products and I think that we (me and other users) have the right to know about the status of FR.
Are you just maintaining it for sells? Do you plan the release new versions? if yes, when? Is AlexTZ in the team?

I hope that I am wrong but too many months have passed without activity. I hope that you understand why we are worried.

Please that somebody reply this email.

Thank you

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 4:03AM
    Did you try to write to support@fast-report.com?
    wrote:
    no new releases, no updates
    See here:
    http://www.fast-report.com/en/products/FastReport.Net.html
    wrote:
    CURRENT VERSION

Build: 1.6.45
    Date: 06/08/11
  • Really it???s an important question. No news bad news? It seems a long time for just a holidays??¦
    Does anyone know something about this question?
  • pinbotpinbot Texas
    edited 4:03AM

I know how you feel.

I thought the same thing since I didn't see any new versions in my control panel.

Turns out my subscription expired so the newer versions were not showing up. After I renewed my subscription (for $109) once again the new versions appeared in my control panel.

They are still around. I've posted 2 problems to the support team and they fixed both (and released new versions) in a couple of days.

1. Could not export pdf to ipad (fixed)
    2. MaxRecords did not work if using a group header (fixed although does not show up in the changes.txt file).

You might want to check to see if your subscription has expired.

HTH,
    Bryan (another really long time FR user)
  • edited 4:03AM
    Here another worried customer.
    This forum seems to be nearly dead.

Where is Alex? He responded within one or two days with good information.

I like to know what is happening with FR... >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.