PDF Export of Chinese char

edited June 2011 in FastReport 4.0
Is there a time line for when the PDF export will correctly show chinese charactors?

Ahh, it does works if you use 'Arial Unicode MS' font.

Comments

• edited 11:41PM
    Jeff Lott wrote: »
    Is there a time line for when the PDF export will correctly show chinese charactors?

Ahh, it does works if you use 'Arial Unicode MS' font.

Hi Jeff,

be careful! I have the same problems (like so much other users). Using the "Arial Unicode MS" font is not a real solution, because if you open the pdf on another machine, the characters are shown (sometimes) different. I have - for example - a Microsoft 2003 Server where my application run. On the server everything works well. But if I open the PDF-file on a Windows 7 station, I have different characters.

The unicode support of pdf in FastReport is really poor. I have the problem, that my solution MUST work at the end of July. In the moment I hav no idea how to solve... In older versions of my software I used my own developed html-export. This works on every machine. The problem is, that I need (by law) an export, that cannot be edited (like a html-file). So my idea was PDF with fast reports. FastReport Inc. wrote in the changes-txt, that the pdf is unicode-aware. This is absolutely wrong... Now I have the problem [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . If there is any working solution, please tell here in the board. I will also continue trying and publish the solution here if I found one... Alex[/img]
    I also has this problem which I don't know how to resolve.

Using the font 細明體, 新細明體, simsun which is mostly used for wide compatibility, the export PDF file in XP and Win7 is not inter viewable.

That is XP export view ok in XP but not in Vista/win7 and those export in win7 cannot be view in XP.

This generate great problem as we do not know and cannot control on the OS of the receivers of those PDF files.
    Please attach a report sample where I can see this problem.
    Thank you for your reply.

Please find attached a zipped fp3 file for a sample.

If you need the PDF export file from XP / Win 7, I can attach too.
    Please verify these two files. "normal.pdf" is made without embedding; "embed.pdf" contains embedded fonts (SimSun, SimHei, Arial).
    Draeden wrote: »
    Please verify these two files. "normal.pdf" is made without embedding; "embed.pdf" contains embedded fonts (SimSun, SimHei, Arial).
    Thanks for your demo using your new 5.0 engine. I would be most willing to upgrade to version 5 when it is out but currently the problem is :
    1. It is not out yet.
    2. Some old projects might continue to use 4.0 as there are too many reports file (many even customized by customers themselves) to convert, unless 5.0 fully support the fr3 format.
    3. Some other projects generate all report objects using code. I don't know how much change of your objects and it might take time to reprogram to suit your new engine.

Most of our users were using XP in the past but now more and more are switching some to win7 and find this problem. We just don't understand why the export in same platform (window, XP vs 7) with same fonts still have problems. As you well know, using embed font for Chinese fonts in version 4.0 is not viable as it turn the file to tens of mb. So what can we do before 5.0 is out and we got enough time to convert to 5.0?

peteryau wrote: »
    peteryau wrote: »
    Thanks for your demo using your new 5.0 engine. I would be most willing to upgrade to version 5 when it is out but currently the problem is :
    1. It is not out yet.
    2. Some old projects might continue to use 4.0 as there are too many reports file (many even customized by customers themselves) to convert, unless 5.0 fully support the fr3 format.
    3. Some other projects generate all report objects using code. I don't know how much change of your objects and it might take time to reprogram to suit your new engine.

Most of our users were using XP in the past but now more and more are switching some to win7 and find this problem. We just don't understand why the export in same platform (window, XP vs 7) with same fonts still have problems. As you well know, using embed font for Chinese fonts in version 4.0 is not viable as it turn the file to tens of mb. So what can we do before 5.0 is out and we got enough time to convert to 5.0?

Several month had passed and more and more complain about the incompatibility of the PDF output between Win XP and Win 7. Yet Fast Report 5.0 is not out yet. Do we have any solutions for that except keep waiting forever?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.