Can't get FastReport to show data (VS2010, .NET 4)

Hi,
I am using VS 2010 SP1, Visual Basic, .NET 4 Winforms project, MySQL 5.5, MySQL Ado.Net Connector, latest Fast Reports .NET demo and also the Fast Reports MySQL connection on Windows 7 64-bit.

I followed all the steps according to the tutorial.

It isn't working!!

The report does not show data in the design mode when I call the Preview command.

It isn't showing data in runtime either.

In the dataset designer of Visual Studio I can preview the data. However in the FastReport report designer when I try to preview the data against the data source, it does not show any data. Why is this?

Are there any special extra steps that I need to do that are not mentioned in the tutorial?

Regards,
ND

Comments

• edited 7:08PM
    notradamus wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am using VS 2010 SP1, Visual Basic, .NET 4 Winforms project, MySQL 5.5, MySQL Ado.Net Connector, latest Fast Reports .NET demo and also the Fast Reports MySQL connection on Windows 7 64-bit.

I followed all the steps according to the tutorial.

It isn't working!!

The report does not show data in the design mode when I call the Preview command.

It isn't showing data in runtime either.

In the dataset designer of Visual Studio I can preview the data. However in the FastReport report designer when I try to preview the data against the data source, it does not show any data. Why is this?

Are there any special extra steps that I need to do that are not mentioned in the tutorial?

Regards,
    ND

I'm sorry I can't help as I'm new to FR myself. What I would say though is don't hold your breath awaiting proper help. Not even sure if this is an official FR forum or just a group of FR users sharing their knowledge. If it's the latter - thanks guys, if it's the former then get your act together FR!!! This seems a good product being tragically let down by abysmal support

Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.