Hidden Datasets

Alex_de_KockAlex_de_Kock Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
edited 10:26AM in FastReport 4.0
Good day All

Can someone please assist.

I have a report which brings up value from a Dataset called StockTable. But that dataset is not available in my report, seems to be hidden.
Can I unhide it somehow?

Reason for this is that I would like to sort that values according to a field, called"Department", using a group heading, and then add these value together to get the department totals for fields like:

- OnHand Quantity total
- Avrg Cost Total for the Department

All the fields mention is available, I just need access to that dataset so that I can create a query to sort by department in a Group Heading Structure.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Comments

• edited 10:26AM
    Yes it seems so strange - as you can access StockTable."Department" and other row columns/fields but you don't see StockTable query itself.
    Try to see if you can get

ShowMessage( StockTable.SQL.Text)

and if you can see the whole select statement then try to modify it in on-fly in any OnBeforePrint event or DialogPageOnShow event.
    I mean:
    procedure DialogPageOnShow(Sender: ...)
    begin
       StockTable.Close;
       StockTable.SQL.Text := 'select * from Table order by Department';
       StockTable.Open;
    end;

Mick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.