Master - Detail help

I can't do it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Can somebody show me a tutorial ?[/img]

Comments

• edited 3:30AM
    Here you are >
    Mick.pl wrote: »
    Here you are >

Mick you helping me again :]

I'll see the file. Thnx o/
    Mick it's with error in datasets.
    Download compiled demo (FRDemo) from FR site, and this demo provides a database used with all demo files.
    And when you install full demo you'll get compiled Designer - the same I use for any tests [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> This example (FR4 file) I attached a while ago is[/img]"4.fr3".

Mick
    Ok Mick, another question: Can I do that with internal queries in FastReport? (that ones it uses in Data Tab)
    Sure you can. I suppose you have two queries (TADOQuery or similar), the detail one has where clause based on column(s) of master one. And you assign MasterData band to your main query, DetailData band to a slave one.

Mick
  • edited May 2011
    Ok Mick. I attached my fr3 file if you wanna see the queries, etc. It's showing an error there :[
    Your zip file is broken [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Mick[/img]
    Right, you can kill me after this post. I was sorting the two queries, this was creating an exception [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> I wrote a query in IBExpert to[/img]select * from <table> and the total of records in IBExpert is 1507.
    But in FastReport count in the footer is counting 1177 records.
    What can be happening?
    Bugs are Trade Marks of all programmers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Don't worry I won't fly over Altantic Ocean - if I guess well where you may live at the moment[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Verify what you really count on that footer - maybe it is DetailFooter of last MasterData row. Put 2 Footers - one for DetailData, second for MasterData. Put count() on both Footers and watch what they show. Add one extra query[/img]select count() as HowMany from <table> and put a Memo on PageHeader to read this <ADOQuery."HowMany">.
    Then you may get some extra info to search for the root of the difference.

Mick
    That was really counting the MasterData x)

Ok problem solved.

Hugs from Brazil >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.