formatting expression

I have tried to show an expression in a report, but although I have tried about 25 different ways of presenting this, it gives back an ' invalid variant operation' error.

can anybody tell me how to show such information from 2 diffetent queries?

query 1 : a certain numeric value * sum-expression

[<Query_SCHEMA."FF_COMMISSIE_KLANT"> * [[SUM(<Query_REGELS."FF_VERKOOP_PRIJS">,DetailData1)] /100 ] ]

Comments

• edited 8:15PM
    Try to make your calculation in a script of OnBeforePrint event for the Memo or for the Band. Save the result of this calculation in a global variable declared at the top of script (I mean NOT inside body of any other event). And finally use your variable in a Memo.

var LResult :real;

procedure MasterBand1OnBeforePrint( Sender ...)
    begin
    LResult := (your_calculations_goes_here);
    end;

TfrxMemo content: [LResult]

If you get an error again then try to do the calculation in a few steps.
    Make sure that you use SUM function in a place it can be used (any footer band).

Mick
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited March 2011
    AFAIK, you cannot have nested expression delimiters [ ], i.e. the brackets inside other brackets.
    I think [A]**[C] would be fine, but [A*[B*C]] wouldn't.
    Do what Mick.pl suggested, your solution is in the scripts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.