Loss of URL

edited 5:06PM in FastReport 3.0
I'm working on creating a publishable dvd database for my university's website. The program we are using is called Allmymovies and has a built-in FR3 that creates pdf files from the Allmymovies database.

In fr3, I can give an object (for example, [frxMovieDataSet."Title"]) a specific url. I'm assuming this means that after the pdf is published, the object has a built-in hyperlink.

In the programs preview, the hyperlinks work fine. However, when I save the file and open it in adobe pdf viewer, the hyperlinks are no longer there (or are not active/clickable).

Is this a problem with the pdf viewer? Or fastreport? Or possibly because fastreport is built into the program I'm using?

Also, if I got FR4, would I experience the same issues?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• edited 5:06PM
    I've made a test on FR 4 compiled demo.

I've saved first preview page as PDF file and now when I open it with Acrobate Reader 9.4.2 the hyperlink at top right corner works OK.
    Here you have this PDF file to see if you can get through the problem with FR 4.

Mick
  • vikelyvikely NY
    edited 5:06PM
    I tried to look at your images, but the web address wouldn't load....

I would change the color on both layers until they were similar in color. Use Adjustments, color balance....and hue/saturation. Also you can adjust the lightness and darkness of the pic, with levels, also found under adjustments. (I'm using Photoshop CS)
    As far as blending goes, you will probably have to use more than one tool to get the job done. Start with the clone tool, blend with the healing brush. Fix light and dark places with the dodge and burn tool. (I usually will set the opacity of the dodge and burn tool to a really low level so that the changes are very small so that I have more control over the effect on my pic.)
    There are countless ways to fix a photo, this is how I usually start to fix mine. Each pic is different though, and so my approach might be different if I could see the photos that you are trying to merge together.
    Anyway, hope this helps. >
  • edited 5:06PM
    The PDF export supports a few kind of links: external hyperlinks (http...), internal page hyperlinks (@123), internal anchor links (#anchorname). You may, for example, put a picture on a report, write something to its URL property, export the report to pdf and then the picture will be clickable. If it's not clickable, make sure you're using the latest build - exporting external hyperlinks is added recently.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.