WARNING: After install error: FR Pro deleted my library path!

Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
edited 5:35AM in FastReport 4.0
I have for the last 2 years used the FR 4 Standard components, doing regular updates as they were available, and never had any problems.
Recently we purchased the Professional license, and for the first time today, I downloaded the latest (fr4_10_12_d14p.exe) installer available.
For my surprise, after installing it, nothing else compiled (couldn't even find system.pas).
(Delphi 2010 with all updates installed)

The actual procedure was:
- unistalled previous version with FR Standard installer.
- deleted old FastReports folder from Win\Program files\
- installed latest FR Professional.

Then I checked my Environment Options- Delphi Options - Library - Win32 - Library Path, and it contained this only line:
;C:\Program Files\FastReports\FastReport 4\LibD14

Clearly the installer (or the Uninstaller of the the Std version) lost the original path.
Of course now it's impossible to tell you what my original setting was exactly, but I asked a colleague for his setting on his computer, that should be similar to mine, and his was:

$(BDS)\lib;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDS)\Lib\Indy10;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include;C:\PROGRA~1\JCL\lib\d14;C:\PROGRA~1\JCL\source\include;$(DXVCL)\Library\Delphi14;C:\Program Files\FastReports\FastReport 4\LibD14;C:\Program Files\UniSynEdit\Source

Please investigate.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.