DM report

stefquestefque Serbia
edited 5:38PM in FastReport 4.0
I have a request from a costumer that's a bit stupid but what can I do... He wants his DotMatrix report to print only until the end of the report, and the printer to stop there and not to pull the whole page out, so he wouldn't have to manually adjust the page so it can be torn out right under the end of the report. Is it possible? Or, for first, did you understand what I was talking about, because I am not so sure about my English?

Comments

• Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited 5:38PM
    Your English is fine.
    But your problem doesn't seem to be related to FR at all.
    My theory is that any document sent from any app would make your printer to move the paper out so it can be ripped.
    I suppose at the end of any printing job the spooler application (in this case the Windows Spooler service) would send an End of Document / End of Print Job command to the printer, making it behave like that by default, and there's nothing you can do on the application side about it.
    If I were you, I would instead try to find this solution in the printer settings, go to your printer's configuration in the control panel and see if there is any setting there that might be related to that. Anything with the word 'auto' might be related, like 'auto-feed'. If you have the time, try every single setting individually.
  • edited 5:38PM
    If the printer feeds the paper out at the end of report then the printer can be set up to reverse feed to top-of-form on the next print output.
    An exception may be if the printer is very old.

DO NOT reverse feed when using labels!
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited 5:38PM
    technisoft wrote: »
    If the printer feeds the paper out at the end of report then the printer can be set up to reverse feed to top-of-form on the next print output.

Is there anyway to do that programatically?
  • edited 5:38PM

Is there anyway to do that programatically?
    Of Course, provided you have the set of control characters. But remember that every printer manufacturer may have its own control set, or that the printer may be set to a different emulation mode. I don't think one can change the emulation mode programmatically.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.