bar code not read

HedleyHedley Peru
edited 11:45PM in FastReport 4.0
good afternoon .

i make a labels with barcode ean8 but it isnot read by a symbol reader

i chek the checksum digit, and it is read, but it add a digits than change the product code

example

product code 25568 then it prints 00255681

whhy it not have a code128 ... i found 128a 128b 128c

thanks a lot

hedley

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Are you sure that the bar code reader is not programmed to add extra characters?
  • HedleyHedley Peru
    edited 11:45PM
    technisoft wrote: »
    Are you sure that the bar code reader is not programmed to add extra characters?

noo...

i connect the reader to usb port and
    to test i open the notepad and read the barcode

nothing to configure
  • edited February 2011
    Hedley wrote: »
    Hedley wrote: »

noo...

i connect the reader to usb port and
    to test i open the notepad and read the barcode

nothing to configure
    All barcode readers I have dealt with are programmable as to the code they read, as well as prefix and suffix characters, which may even be multiple characters.
    E.g. I use a ~ as prefix to indicate to the program that the characterstring comes from the barcode reader and not the keyboard. It then uses that information to swicth to the barcode looku instead of the stock code. I also add a tab character suffix to move to the quantity column on the screen.

Notepad may not give a true picture, I just had a reader configured to have a trailing horizontal tab #09 character, and notebook turned it into a CR/NL.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.