Fastreport Unicode support

serifelsenserifelsen Unknown
edited 12:46PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi

I am using oracle database. (NLS_CHARACTERSET is AL32UTF8)

Data contains some unicode characters like '?§', 'É™', 'ı' etc.

But fastreport does not show those characters in a right format, it displays strange characters instead of them.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Elshan

Comments

• Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited February 2011
    As far as I know, only delphi 2009 and higher support Unicode, so probably FR follows that.
    However, I have a fully Unicode app, written in delphi 2010, everything is fine (displaying Russian and Thai charcters), but nobody in our company knows how to get the unicode characters out of Oracle, even to display a simple field in a simple form.
    So I recommend that first you type manually your characters into the contents of a frxMemo object, and see how that is displayed in the report.
    If you that is fine, than your problem might be getting the data from Oracle. If you know how to do that, please let me know!
  • serifelsenserifelsen Unknown
    edited 12:46PM
    I have written those characters in the Text object and everything is fine.
    By the way I am using FastReport.NET 4 and developing in visual studio 2008.
  • serifelsenserifelsen Unknown
    edited 12:46PM
    problem solved.

As connection type I chose "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle". Instead of that I use "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" (Provided by Oracle)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.