Upgrade Policy to Version 3

edited 7:05AM in FastReport 3.0
Today, May 26 2004, I purchased FastReports 2.52.

To my surprise, I've just found out that version 3.0 is "imminent" and it won't automatically include sources as version 2 does. (OK, I should have dug a little deeper when doing my research... ;) )

When version 3 arrives and I want to upgrade, how much more will I have to pay?

And why isn't any information about version 3 and your upgrade policy clearly available on the website? Are you hiding something or are you just naturally modest. Whatever - I'm feeling somewhat anxious now and need reassurance.

Comments

• edited 7:05AM
    FastReport 3 is in alpha-testing now. When it will be ready (hope this summer), we'll publish all features/prices.
  • Bert BinnenmarschBert Binnenmarsch Terneuzen
    edited 7:05AM
    wrote:
    When it will be ready (hope this summer)
    When I purchased FastReport one year ago it looked like FR3 was just around the corner.
    With this announcement I don't believe that FR3 will be ready before autumn, it might be even much later.

In the mean time I have been waiting for an updated manual, the current one isn't that good. I also discovered a bug with multi-column reports that should be fixed in FR3.

Instead of talking (an never showing anything) about FR3, I would prefer if you would concentrate on fixing bugs, releasing FR2.53, 2.6 and improving the documentation. This will keep your customers satisfied.

When looking at how things are going now and the new price structure for FR3, I will probably stay with FR2.52. If I have to upgrade, I will certainly take a look at RB again.

I am sorry, but this is how I feel.

Bert

• edited 7:05AM
    FR3 demo (based on alpha 8) can be found at
    http://www.fastreports.net/files/FR30demo.zip
  • Bert BinnenmarschBert Binnenmarsch Terneuzen
    edited 7:05AM
    Hello Alex,

Thanks for the demo, it looks very promising.
    I got some access violations that I cannot reproduce. Is it possible to compile the demo with EurekaLog so testers can send some useful information back to you?

Regards,
    Bert
  • edited May 2004
    Or MadExcept, or with the ExceptionHandling that comes with JVCL (which is free).

And I must say, FR3 looks very promizing. So I hope it reaches beta state very soon. Also I hope that I could be one of the beta testers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.