Dynamic Adding Bands / Objects into Existing reports

I can use pre-designed reports or generate simple new reports from code.

Now, I need to do the mix and more complicated ones.

Firstly, there is a number of "base" reports, which already has inheritance and let user modify / further inheritance to define their own base reports.

The real reports can be no inheritance or inherit from one of the base reports.

basically, the real contents can be generated by my code but sometimes, the user might not like the generated result and need to design parts of the report (say one of the group header) and let the remaining parts to be automatically generated (because each end user might skip / add some fields in different bands).

So, the situation is :
Before I load the report :
1. I know which band I should not generate (the user need to make it in my setting) and which I need to generate.
2. I DO NOT know what other bands is existing (they can inherited from user defined base reports) and I do not know the settings of the user predefined bands. So I need to know these informations from the frxreport after I load the report from stream (in database).

The question is :
1. How can I get the list of bands already existing in the report? I seems can't find a band list. Do I need to loop all objects in the page and check if they are frxband to maintain a band list myself?
2. After I insert a Master Data band, and maybe some group headers / footers, how can I manage the correct sequence of the group headers / footers with the existing pre-defined group headers / footers? By setting the Top position of bands will do all?
3. Are there any helper functions for measuring / designing fields width? I am currently using my own functions but the result is not satisfactory enough.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

BTW, how is the progress of Quick Report 5?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.