lazy loading of images

Hello,

what's the fastest and most memory saving approach for handling a report with a huge collection of images in it?

I'm working with BusinessObjects: Using a string property (full path) did not work at all so I added a byte[] property which calls System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes() -- but this way both passes (two-pass-mode) load all images from disk which takes minutes.

I see no reason for having all images in memory at the same time (only the visible preview-areas should be enough) and I also have the feeling I have seen this working more "lazy" in the past. Did I miss some setting?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.