The 'Microsoft..Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider is not registered on the local machine machine.

I use a Win7(x64) computer and Visual Basic 2010 Express which uses OLEDB4 (very successfully) to connect to an MS Access database. So, I assume OLEDB is registered on my machine.

I am looking for a printing facilty and happened upon the trial version of FastReport,Net V1.5.2.

When I tried the demo to try a set up a test report, I got the following error message "The 'Microsoft..Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider is not registered on the local machine machine." and could not seem to progress further. I tried both he MS Access option and th OLEDB option (using the connection string generated in Visual Basic).

I opened Visual Basic and added the Designer Control to the toolbox. I setup a new project and added a desiger control t a form and ran it. Nothing was available in the control.

What am I doing wrong?
regards
Colin Reid

Comments

• edited 12:42PM
    Jet.OLEDB.4.0 does not exist for x64! it only exists a 32bit-version. Try compiling your program in x86-mode:

Extras -> Optionen -> Projekte und Projektmappen -> Allgemein: [X] Erweiterte Buildkonfigurationen anzeigen -> OK
    Erstellen -> Konfigurations-Manager -> Spalte "Plattform" -> "<Neu...>" -> Neue Plattform: x86

worked for me!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.