FastScript - Possible JScript Improvements

Hello people, I'm testing some items using the JScript engine of FastString, and found some minor things - I'm using the FastScript 1.9 than comes with FastReport - so, maybe, they're fixed in any other version.

JScript accept both ' and " as strings delimiters, a = "string" compiles and run fine, a = 'string' returns a "expression expected" error. For compatibility both delimiters must work.

The support for OLE miss a 'almost-undocumented' feature, the "DISPATCH_CONSTRUCT" flag (along DISPATCH_METHOD/DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET/DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT/DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUTREF). So, a call with "new" operator in JScript over a OLE object must invoke using construct flag, passing parameters like a method call (Currently, It's throw a "Class Required Error").

I'm asking these small things 'cause I have currently things running in IActiveScript - the application is 80% dynamic with data dictionaries - and notice these differences. Everything else works as expected, calling the objects boxed into IDispatch and so on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.