Demo limitation

edited 12:02PM in FastReport 4.0

Hello, I trying the report and see if does and fit my needs. But for some reasons. I???m getting AV error
When I open the demos/example. (embedded designer )
My question is:
1- Is demo has any kind limitation that I don???t know to avoid this kind error?
2- I like to create and demo (report) and send it out for one of the users, is that user needs Delphi installed?
3- If I have variable [var1] as double/float passed and I would like to add format in the report for this var, how I do this?

Thank you

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 12:02PM
    1. No. Embedded designer requires correct code and not good solution (IMHO). Better to use modal FR Designer
    2. No, if you build project without runtime packages
    3. Select the object with the variable and call its context menu. The format editor is called
    either by using the ???Formatting...??? menu command, or with the ???DisplayFormat??? property
    editor in the object inspector.
    See also User's manual "Inline formatting" chapter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.