password protected report

edited 12:11PM in FastReport 4.0
I assumed the password on the report option will protect from viewing the report or even open it as xml.
However, I protect one test report with password, I tried to open it, the report asked my password, so far so good.
Then I opened the report with notepad, I removed the password (ReportOptions.Password="j[ij")
The password is encrypted as j[ij.
Q: where is the protection and what is the purpose ?
I need to protect or encrypt the fr3 file. How I do that

Thanks

Comments

• Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited 12:11PM
    I don't use encryption in FR, but if I had to, I would use my own function for this. You can find lots of open source encryption functions in public libraries, I would assume the Jedi components have something.
    So, instead of simply saving your file with a report1.savetofile, I would save it to a stream (report1.SaveToStream), encrypt the stream, and then save the stream as file, with your own extension (like .XFR).
    I'm sorry but I can't give you any sample code, as I said, I don't use it, but that's the general idea, I hope it helps.
  • gpigpi
    nash
    Did you add frxCrypt unit in uses list of your unit?
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    no

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.