Multiple PageFooters

edited 12:11AM in FastReport 4.0
Hi All,

Is it possible to have one bottom aligned text (PageFooter) on every page and an extra bottom aligned text on the last page?
Seems to me that I can only use one PageFooter on a Page.

Thanks.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:11AM
    a page footer band is just that a page footer.
    it's objects are the last output to the finished page. it is not stretchable.
    you can use other footers or child or summary bands before the page footer.
  • edited July 2010
    gordk wrote: »
    a page footer band is just that a page footer.
    it's objects are the last output to the finished page. it is not stretchable.
    you can use other footers or child or summary bands before the page footer.

The problem is that other components like footers and a summary band are not bottom aligned.

This is what I want to do:
    On every page a bottom line with the pagenumber.
    And on the last page two bottom lines. One for the total amount of money and one with a pagenumber.

I tried every combination but the only thing that is bottom aligned is the PageFooter.
    I even tried to use the PageFooter with two lines (MemoView) in it.
    So both lines are now bottom aligned but because PrintOnFirstPage and PrintOnLastPage are checked for the PageFooter both lines will show up on every page.
    This is okay for the pagenumber line but I only want the line with the 'total amount of money' be display on the last page.

Maybe I can 'hide' the 'total amount of money' line while processing the page for the first pages, like a OnPageCount.
    But I don't know if such function/event is available.

Peter.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:11AM
    use a summary band and write code in its obp event to drive it down.
    you can do that with any other footer band.

procedure ReportSummary1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
    if engine.freespace > reportsummary1.height then
    begin
    Engine.CurY := Engine.PageHeight -reportsummary1.height -pagefooter1.Height - 1;

end;
    end;

OR IF STRETCHING DO IT HERE

procedure ReportSummary1OnAfterCalcHeight(Sender: TfrxComponent);

begin
    Engine.CurY := Engine.PageHeight -reportsummary1.height -pagefooter1.Height - 1;
    end;

read the user manual on using the engine object

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.