v1.4 important notice

edited 5:54AM in FastReport .NET
Hi all,

v1.4 is just released. In this release, we have split the main assembly (FastReport.dll) into several parts to make Visual Studio 2010 happy:
- FastReport.dll
- FastReport.Web.dll
- FastReport.VSDesign.dll

Those of you who use FastReport.Net in ASP.Net applications, should change your project files (since the web part is now moved to FastReport.Web.dll). Here is what you have to do:
- open the .aspx file where you use the WebReport component (for ex, Default.aspx);
- switch to "Source" tab;
- change this text:
<%@ Register assembly="FastReport" namespace="FastReport.Web" tagprefix="cc1" %>
with this one:
<%@ Register assembly="FastReport.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db7e5ce63278458c" namespace="FastReport.Web" tagprefix="cc1" %>
(instead of Version=1.0.0.0 you have to indicate the actual version number, for ex Version=1.4.1.0)
- add FastReport.Web to the References.

I hope this helps. >

Comments

• StarkStark Syria
    edited May 2010
    Hi , have a good day ... and Congratulation for the new release

Well , I was hoping to see FastReport as Single DLL in the near future , for easy protection and deploying

but it's seems my hope had vanish ..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I am using {SmartAssembly} to protect my Windows Application , and the great features in this protection : - Merge all DLL reference in the Main exe .( no on can re-use your reference , component , and your tools) - Had a very strong obfuscated method . But I can' t merge FastReport inside the Main Application , Because the smartassmbelly will never know when it will be nessary to call the other reference Like FastReport.Bars.Dll , Fastreport.Editors.Dlll , ... etc even if the fastreport.dll not protected .... (recompiled form the source ) it's not fastreport fault I know , nor smartassembly , it's just that way those things work and may be it's the right time to seek for another type of protection to hide fastreport.dll from pirates eyes .... Kind regards , And keep up the good work[/img]
  • Ozan K. BAYRAMOzan K. BAYRAM Istanbul
    edited 5:54AM
    we use fast report .net for web applications.

Is FastReport.Web.dll enough? Will i use this dll to add toolbox items?

Thanks in advance.
  • edited 5:54AM
    Hello,

If you are talking about deployment, no, it is not enough. You have to deploy all redistributable dlls:
    FastReport.dll
    FastReport.Web.dll
    FastReport.Bars.dll
    FastReport.Editor.dll

To add toolbox items manually, you need to use FastReport.Web.dll.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.