Inherited reports

Hello Fast Report Team,

I???ve got a problem with inherited reports. I use the stable version 4.9 for CodeGear 2009.

I???ve got three Reports. The first one is my base report. This report contains a report title, a column header and a page footer.
The second one is inherited from the base report. This report contains also a group header, a master data and a group footer.
Up to this point everything works fine, because when I change the colour of the report title in the base report, it is also changed in the second report.
The first problem is, when I add a memo on the group header in the second report. After I save this report and I look into the fr3 file of the second report, I see that the ???Top??? property of the page footer is overtwritten. But the page footer is inherited from the base report, and I didn???t change it in the second report.

The second problem is the bigger one. My third report is inherited from the second report.
If I add any object on the third report, a new band or anything else, then every object in this report is overwritten. So if I change the colour in the report title of the base report, the report title in the third report has the old colour.

Is it a bug or do i anything wrong?

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:13PM
    AFAIK You cannot nest inheritance 1 level only
    problem 1 should be no problem it just indicates a position on the design page
  • edited 4:13PM
    And the second problem? What do I wrong?
    Can you give me more info, please?
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:13PM
    datscho wrote: »
    you cannot have multi level inheritance.
  • edited February 2010
    gordk wrote: »
    gordk wrote: »
    you cannot have multi level inheritance.
    Why I can't have multi level inheritance? If i prepare the fr3 file of the third report, so that the report title is inherited, I can change the colour in the first base report and the colour is also changed in the third report. So i think that multi level inheritance is possible. But when I add a new memo on the master band of the third report, the report title is also overwritten. So when i changed the colour in the report title of the first base report now, the colour in the third report isn't changed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.