Chart Control - Setting Min/Max for Y-Axis???

I must be missing something fairly basic, but I can't find a way to set the minimum/maximum values for the Y-Axis on a Line Chart. Simply put, I want the Y-Axis to show a min of 0 to a max of 100 regardless of what the data for the Y-Axis contains. So if the data runs from 0 to 25, I want it graphed with a min value of 0 and a max value on the Y axis of 100, so the data for 25 will point to just 1/4 of the graph instead of having the graph autoscale the axis. This is a fairly basic charting requirement, so I am assuming that I am just overlooking a min/max value setting.

Can someone show me now to do this?

Comments

• edited 9:45PM
    Hello,

It can be done in the "Properties" window.
    - select Chart object;
    - go to the Properties window;
    - expand the Chart property;
    - locate the ChartAreas property and invoke its editor;
    - locate the Axes property and invoke its editor;
    - choose Y axis from the left list;
    - set the Scale/Maximum, Minimum properties.

When you finish, make a minor change in your report (for example, move the chart object). This is needed to save changes.
    I've done as you directed but the graph still autosizes when run.
    You probably did something wrong; I've tested it on a simple report and it works. Run the attached report in the demo.exe.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    You probably did something wrong; I've tested it on a simple report and it works. Run the attached report in the demo.exe.

It works in your example, but I wasn't able to get it to work in my report. Regardless, I just created a new series with the default values I wanted and that seems to have solved my problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.