Request feature about syntax

edited 5:57AM in FastReport 4.0
I would ask Request feature about the syntax:
Now, FR4 uses <dataset."FieldName"> , it is quite complex for a normal user, specially when they need to manage expressions using <, > or <> like:

<dataset."Price"> > <dataset2."Price2"> or <dataset."FieldName"> <> <dataset2."FieldName">

I know it very well because we have thousand of users and many of them do not use the designer precisely for this reason.

Also, we are planning to offer a Net version of our product, using FR.Net, that uses something like [dataset.FieldName]

I would ask you to give the option to use the FR.Net syntax. It is a lot clearer and the migration from FR4 to FR Net would be smoothly.
I am not asking a radical change, I am just asking to provide a property in the main report class like "UseSimplifiedSintax = false/true" to be back compatible, but to offer the new system.

It would be beneficial for non-computer literate users and for migration to FR.Net.

Thank you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.